Welcome!
Take your shoes off ... Sit a spell...
Ya'll come back now...Ya hear!

Friday, September 24, 2010

I need a vacation...

The time is 5:22, I am sitting at work (wishing I was home) and our computer system has been down most of the day. It's difficult having your computers down when you deal with newspapers. If they call in and their systems are down (which means they have to print their newspapers NOW to meet their deadline for delivery) we can't help them and that makes them frustrated. So all but one of the help desk guys have gone home to use their computers.
So I send the caller to the help desk guy here and he sends the call to the guys at home on their cell phones and HOPEFULLY they can help them..
I'm glad it's not yesterday because we had major problems with a couple of newspapers...their systems were totally down..

I need a vacation to somewhere with no phones, no car sounds, just peace and quiet and the beautiful moon and stars. Maybe Lake Powell (1 L or 2?).... Awe, I miss those days! I think I would even like the cars and sirens of Capistrano along with the sound of the waves on the beach..."Aarrgghh" maybe I just need a smoothie and a good chick flick.


30 minutes until I can go home (of course everyone else has gone home because of the computers, except me and Russell on the help desk). What a lonely office :(

OK, I'll stop complaining now and count my blessings. Yea, here comes the weekend:D

No comments:

Post a Comment